Betty Crocker Holiday Recipe Ideas Noir Bars
By Betty CrockerŽ
Dec 4, 2007, 17:39
Start to Finish: 5 Hr
1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty CrockerŽ double chocolate chunk cookie mix
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons water
8 tablespoons butter or unsalted butter
3/4 cup semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
2 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup whipping cream
2 cups semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup butter or unsalted butter
2 tablespoons instant espresso powder
1. Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, stir cookie-base ingredients until soft dough forms. Spread in bottom of ungreased 13x9-inch pan. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or just until set. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in 1-quart saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter and 3/4 cup chocolate chips over Medium-Low heat, stirring constantly. Set aside to cool.
3. In large bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining 6 tablespoons butter with electric mixer on Medium speed until smooth. On Low speed, beat in powdered sugar, cinnamon and vanilla until blended. Beat in cooled chocolate on Medium speed until well blended. Spread filling over cooled base. Cover and refrigerate about 2 hours until chilled.
4. In 2-quart saucepan, heat whipping cream, 2 cups chocolate chips, 1/4 cup butter and the espresso powder over Medium-Low heat, stirring constantly until melted and smooth. Cool about 10 minutes until lukewarm.
5. Pour chocolate topping over filling; spread to cover bars. Refrigerate uncovered until set, at least 2 hours or overnight. For bars, cut with wet knife into 9 rows by 4 rows. Store covered in refrigerator.
Makes 36 bars.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): In step 1, bake crust 14 to 17 minutes.
Betty CrockerŽ is a Reg. T.M. of General Mills, Inc. This year Betty Crocker is making it possible for families to decorate cookies online to benefit a good cause. By visiting www.BakeLifeSweeter.com, families can decorate a virtual cookie and email it to a friend. For every cookie eCard sent by Dec. 25, 2007, Betty Crocker will make a 10-cent donation to Toys for Tots (up to $25,000 total).