Mar 19th, 2010 - 11:39:35
Holiday Cookie Ornaments - Betty Crocker Holiday Recipe Ideas
By Betty Crocker®
Dec 10, 2007, 00:36
Prep Time: 1 Hr 15 Min
Start to Finish: 2 Hr 15 Min
1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix
1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
36 small candy canes
2 containers (1 lb each) Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy white or vanilla frosting
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Line cookie sheets with cooking parchment paper. In medium bowl, stir cookie mix, butter, flour and egg until soft dough forms.
2. On floured surface, roll dough until about 1/8 inch thick. Cut with 3- to 3 1/2-inch cookie cutters. Place cutouts 1 inch apart on cookie sheets.
3. Bake 5 minutes. Meanwhile, break off top of each candy cane to create loop for hanging cookies.
4. Remove cookies from oven; press 1 candy piece on top of each cookie to make a loop. Bake 1 to 2 minutes longer or until edges are set. Cool on cookie sheets 2 minutes. Remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 20 minutes.
5. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper. Place 1 container of frosting at a time in 2-cup glass measuring cup. Microwave uncovered on High 45 to 60 seconds, stirring every 15 seconds, until melted. Dip each cookie in frosting, allowing excess to drip off. Place cookies on parchment paper. Decorate as desired. Let stand about 1 hour until frosting is set.
Makes about 3 dozen cookies.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): No change.
Betty Crocker® is a Reg. T.M. of General Mills, Inc.
This year Betty Crocker is making it possible for families to decorate cookies online to benefit a good cause. By visiting www.BakeLifeSweeter.com, families can decorate a virtual cookie and email it to a friend. For every cookie eCard sent by Dec. 25, 2007, Betty Crocker will make a 10-cent donation to Toys for Tots (up to $25,000 total).