Weight Loss Tips: How to Burn Calories, Maximize Metabolism
You do exactly what the experts say. You cut calories and you exercise. You've made your "calories out" greater than your "calories in". So you should be losing fat, right?
By Craig Ballantyne
Mar 19, 2010, 09:02
But if you aren't losing weight, perhaps you're still not paying attention to an often forgotten factor of weight loss - your metabolism. Your metabolism is a measure of how many calories you are burning each day.
Did you know that the food, exercise, and lifestyle choices you make every day have a significant impact on your metabolism?
For example, if you starve yourself instead of following a sensible weight-loss eating plan your metabolism will slow down. If your metabolism slows down, it means your calories out will be less. And that means no more weight loss, and possibly even fat gain.
So for every day that you continue to slow your metabolism with unhealthy lifestyle choices, you get further and further away from your weight loss goals. Here's how you can maximize your metabolism and reach your weight loss goals quickly and easily.
Here Are My Top 10 Ways to Maximize Your Metabolism, Burn Calories & Finally Lose Your Unwanted Weight:
1. Don't starve yourself. Cutting calories too much is one of the worst things you can do to your body. Starving yourself actually causes you to lose much more water weight and muscle than fat.
2. Eat 6-8 small meals per day with an emphasis on lean proteins, fruits, and vegetables. To lose fat and unwanted weight effective you must have a nutrition plan. So spend a couple hours on a day off preparing as much food as you can for the upcoming week.
3. Eat breakfast. You should make this meal part of your daily metabolism-boosting plan. At the very least, eat a lean protein, drink Green Tea, and consume a fiber-rich fruit to get your fat loss day started right.
4. Eat healthy fats. Sources of healthy fats included nuts, fish, olive oil, and flax oil. Replace processed carbohydrates in your diet with almonds. For example, if you currently eat a small bag of pretzels as a mid-afternoon snack, eat almonds instead.
5. Eat high quality foods that will help you control your blood sugar, insulin, and energy levels. This will help you lose fat and prevent you from gaining unwanted weight.
6. Eat up to 1g of protein per pound bodyweight to a maximum of 150 grams per day for a woman or 200 grams per day for a man.
7. Don't drink alcohol. Alcohol prevents fat burning and will quickly add hundreds of calories. Alcohol intake can also reduce testosterone levels, a big no-no for men looking to get lean.
8. Drink Green Tea and water. This will prevent your metabolism from slowing down. Not too mention, these are your 2 healthiest beverage options.
9. Stick to a consistent sleep schedule. If possible, avoid working afternoon and overnight shifts. And, don't stay up late watching television.
10. Use the Turbulence Training strength and interval workout principles for the most efficient and effective metabolism-boosting workout. This means strength training with free weights and bodyweight exercises and performing shorter interval training workouts rather than long, slow boring cardio.
Bonus Fat & Weight Loss Tip:
Recently both my clients and myself have been experimenting with an additional mini-workout added to our regular Turbulence Training fat loss program. By completing a bodyweight circuit (10-20 minutes per day), we've discovered that we boost our metabolism again and increase our fat loss results.
So if you do your regular workout in the morning, add a bodyweight circuit after dinner. On the other hand, if you workout in the afternoon, do a bodyweight circuit first thing in the morning.
If your metabolism has slowed down due to improper dieting or lifestyle, then the Turbulence Training Lifestyle will help you get back on track to lose fat and gain muscle. Once you correct your metabolism, you will be on the road to losing fat for good.
As creator of the Revolutionary Turbulence Training System, Craig Ballantyne has helped millions worldwide lose fat while gaining muscle at the same time with a proper diet and just 3 short but intense workouts a week. For a FREE, Immediate Controversial Fat Loss Report and FREE Turbulence Training Newsletter containing free tips to help you maximize metabolism, build muscle and gain workout success go to http://www.turbulencetraining.com