Quick and Easy Skillet Lasagna
By Christine Steendahl
Dec 15, 2008, 00:18
These meals for kids recipes will thrill the most discriminate eater. The little ones will give you huge smooch when you cook this simple and healthy Skillet Lasagna for dinner. This recipe includes healthy carrots in the meal. The meal is hearty and makes a easy main course. It is vital to have simple and quick recipes for nutritious meals when you are pressed for time. These recipes require under 30 minutes of prep time and provide your family a hot simple meal for those rushed days.
*1 lbs of lean ground beef
*1/4 cup chopped onions
*˝ cup chopped carrots
*1-1/2 cups mini lasagna noodles or other pasta
*1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
*8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
*2 cups red pasta sauce
*1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella
1. Combine 1 lb. lean ground beef, 1/4 cup chopped onion and 1/2 cup chopped carrots
2. Place in a Dutch oven on medium-high heat for 6 minutes or until beef is no longer pink.
3. Drain mixture
4. Stir in 1 1/2 cups mini-lasagna noodles or other pasta
5. Add 1- 1/2 cups water, 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning, 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms 2 cups red pasta sauce and.
6. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally
7. Reduce heat to low; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes or until pasta is tender.
8. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella.
Add a chopped lettuce salad with ranch dressing. A combination of red and green grapes make an easy dessert.
Yields: 4 servings
Broccoli Chicken Vegetable Sauté
*2 tbsp. Olive Oil
*4 chicken breast halves
*1 cup cut up broccoli
*˝ cup thin sliced carrots
* 1 cup sliced mushrooms
* 1 cup cream of broccoli soup
*˝ cup milk
*Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook chicken in 1- tablespoon olive oil in skillet for 10 minutes or until browned on both sides.
2. Remove chicken; keep warm
3. In same skillet cook broccoli, carrots and mushrooms for 5 minutes
4. Stir often
5. Add in the soup, mil, salt and pepper
6. Heat to boiling
7. Return chicken to skillet
8. Reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes
9. Serve over rice or pasta
Yields: 4 servings
Chocolate Ice Cream (with a twist)
*4 bananas, peeled
*4 squares Baker’s all natural unsweetened chocolate
*3 tbs. water
1. In medium-sized bowl, mash bananas
2. Melt chocolate with water in top of a double broiler
3. Add melted chocolate and water to bananas,
4. Stir ingredients together
5. Freeze mixture before serving.