Mar 19th, 2010 - 11:39:35
Step by Step Decoupage
By D.J. Nelson
Oct 4, 2004, 10:34
Beginning its popularity in the 18th and 19th centuries, decoupage is the art of cutting out pictures and mating them to various items to simulate the effect of painting. This term is usually used to encompass the processes of decoupage, collage, and montage.
An item to apply your decoupage
Decoupage matte or gloss
1. Ensure that your item is clean and sealed.
2. Prepare your pictures
3. Position your pictures on the item in whatever design you prefer
4. Coat the back of pictures with glue
5. Glue your pictures on
6. Use a popsicle stick to smooth out wrinkles
7. Add coats of decoupage matte or sealer until pictures are smooth.
D.J. Nelson is owner and operator of J. Nelson Arts- an online craft supply shop, and Editor of “The Craft Guru” Online & Print Newsletters. For more information, please visit http://www.JNelsonArts.com and http://www.TheCraftGuru.com